Monday, June 30, 2008

Calistoga California

Monday June 30, 2008

I am in Calistoga visiting my friend Kristi. We’ve had a great time catching up. It’s been a looooong time! Today we went to Kendall Jackson winery where her husband Chris works as a winemaker. We did a wine and food pairing; it was a lot of fun! And the gardens there are gorgeous~ more pics of flowers on my blog : )

I didn’t see any more Gay Pride festivities in San Francisco. I got up early and drove around to see the city before everyone else was out and about. I saw Fisherman’s Wharf, North Beach, China Town, Nob Hill, Stern Grove, Twin Peaks, Golden Gate Park and the beach! I did put my feet in the Pacific Ocean, but since it was only 53 degrees (air temp) I didn’t go swimming! Not that I’m much of a swimmer anyway~ it didn’t matter to me.

It was a pretty quick drive to Calistoga, which is a cute, quaint little town. Kristi and I did a walk around town and had dinner at a little bistro there along with her daughter, Emily. Today we had dinner at another little bistro in Santa Rosa after the wine tasting. We also got a decadent chocolate something or other kind of cake to bring home, which I pigged out on! I think I need to go for another walk around town now!

Tomorrow morning I head out. I’ll be driving north now, since I can’t go any further west. It’ll be a slow leisurely drive up the coast. I may stay in the Redwood National Forest or I may make it into Oregon, I’ll see how the day goes……

2 comments:

Grumpy Marketing Guy said...

Glad you got to hook up with Chris and Kristi they are great folks.

Also glad to hear all is going well.

Stay safe.

Hiker Mel said...

Great to hear from you; it's nice to know that you are checking out my blog : )