Goodbye Yosemite~
Friday June 27, 2008. I hiked six miles this morning at Hetch Hetchy Reservoir in Yosemite National Park. Beautiful hike to a huge waterfall that dumps into the lake. There are bridges built out of parts from old railroad materials from a railroad that used to run in the area that go right across the falls; it’s awesome! But, again the mosquitoes were awful!! I definitely had enough. After my hike I got another shower at the Evergreen campground : ) I was also able to get online and send a few emails, but it wasn’t a good enough connection to upload pictures. And so ended my visit to Yosemite National Park. I want to go back sometime with a backpacking buddy and really see the trails in the park. There are so many and I hardly touched on them.
I drove west from Yosemite. I drove across the San Francisco Bay. I am now at Reyes Point National Seashore. I’m at Taylor State Park. Tomorrow I’ll visit the shore and put my feet in the Pacific ocean~ I can’t wait! I’ve made it to the coast and there’s still so much to explore!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment