Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Rest of California

Wednesday July 2, 2008

I made it into Oregon today. I’m on my way to Crater Lake and stopped at a public library to get online and enjoy the air conditioning. It’s hot again! I can’t believe that while I was at the beach it was so cold and now it’s almost 90 again!

Last night I found an awesome campsite in Redwood National Park. It wasn’t an official campground, but there were several tents set up there already and I talked to a couple that was just getting set up. They said they had talked to someone else that had been there a few days and all was ok. Great! This was right beside the mouth of the Klamath River. Beautiful sunset too! The couple I met, Kevin and Kathy are from Eugene OR and invited me to visit them if I ventured their way in Oregon. Great people; I love this part of the journey! They also have friends in White Horse, Yukon. Kathy even called them for me. I will be driving through there on my way from Edmonton, AB to Alaska so it will be nice to have someone to hook up with. Especially if they are as nice and as much fun as Kevin and Kathy! They even had wine to share : )

This morning the weather was funky, cold and damp, so I found a gym to work out in instead of going for a hike in the park. Afterward the sun was shining brightly of course! It was good to be able to shower though. Ok, it’s time to hit the road. I’ll update again when I get to Portland Friday or Saturday. Ciao~

No comments: