Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Ouray, Colorado

June 11, 2008

I love this place! A little town nestled in big mountains~ it’s gorgeous! And there are some adorable houses, although I do believe that they are quite expensive. There are some awesome hikes here too. I hiked about 10 miles today. It’s a beautiful, sunny 67 degrees and I’m wondering why anyone would want to live somewhere that’s 98 degrees with a heat index of 110 because of the humidity? There’s a wine and food event in town tonight and since I love wine and food, I’m going to check it out! I’m staying at a forest service campground just south of town. It’s $18 a night and only has pit toilets~ yikes! I got my site for $9 because I have a national park pass. It shouldn’t apply in the national forest but for some reason at this one it does. I got a shower in town for only $2~ what a bargain!!

No comments: