Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Valley View Hot Springs
It’s Tuesday evening and I am Villa Grove CO in the San Luis Valley. Of course it’s beautiful here! I’m staying at a place called Valley View Hot Springs (Orient Land Trust). It’s nothing exciting, but the hot springs are nice (and clothing optional). I opted out of mine : ) I hiked this morning in Sand Dunes National Park. OMG~ that stream was painfully cold!! It’s mostly snow melt from the mountains. Check out the pictures; sand dunes in front of the mountains~ incredible! I hiked for 30 minutes and then turned around. I did not make it to the top of Big Dune. For every step of one foot in the sand you slide back six inches! It was gorgeous though! After my hike I did a little yoga and weight work and then reorganized my car. Good Grief; what a job! Then I went for a hike to Zapata Falls. Wow! You have to hike in the stream to actually see the falls; again, the water was painfully cold! Tomorrow I’ll go for a walk here (and shower : ) then take a nice drive through the mountains maybe to Leadville. I plan on getting to Denver Thursday night and staying with my aunt, Gerda for the weekend. We have plans to hike and drink wine and hike some more and drink some more wine : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment