Taos~
It’s June 1st and I am in Taos, a small town north of Santa Fe. After seeing Bandelier National Monument and hiking there, I drove through the Jarez Mountains and ended up at Heron Lake State Park. I met my new friend, Dan there. This is the guy from Charlottesville. We shared a campsite (no, not a tent!). We were going to go out on the lake with his two person, compact, fold up kayak, but it was broken. So, that didn’t happen; bummer! We went for a nice hike in the morning and then hung around the lake for a while. I went down on the beach (it was rocky and dusty) and lay out in the sun for an hour. The New Mexico sun is HOT! I’m a little burned, but I feel better about wearing shorts in public now! Dan and I went our separate ways, but hope to meet up again later on our journey and if not, definitely when we are back in Virginia. We made plans to get together with our significant others and have dinner and share stories.
I again got to take two showers at Heron Lake. In living like this you really learn to appreciate the little things in life. You also learn that there are a lot of things you can live without! Life is Good! La Vita a Bellissima ~ Life if Beautiful!
This evening I’m heading toward Sand Dunes National Monument in CO. I’m not sure if I’ll make it there or stop and camp somewhere along the way. But definitely tomorrow that’s where I’ll be. Ciao~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment