Thursday, July 31, 2008

Whitefish MT

July 31, 2008

When I was in Moab staying at the hostel I met a young woman from Colorado named Angie; she was hiking with some friends in Arches National Park. She is a college student and was curious about my journey and my blog. She’s been keeping up with my travels and when I said that I was going to Glacier she told me to look up her sister. I did just that and stayed with her and her family last night. What awesome people! Betsy and her husband Jason and 18-month old daughter Ani live in Whitefish MT near the lake. We went for a short walk to the lake, which was beautiful! Betsy fixed a really nice dinner and a really nice breakfast. I felt so spoiled! And, of course I got to take a shower! I’ll say it again: the best part of this journey is the people I’m meeting!

I’m going to do some hiking and camping in the national forest for a couple of days and then head back to Coeur d’ Alene ID to do some exploring. Kurt and I didn’t stay around long enough to really get a feel for the town, but what I saw I really liked. It just may be where I live next! Kurt reserved a hotel room there for me so I will be spoiled once again!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kurt sent me the link to your blog. I just looked at it tonight but look forward to reading about your journey.