Thursday, July 10, 2008

Last of Olympic

Wednesday July 9, 2008

I’m sitting in my chair with my computer in my lap looking out at a creek. It’s beautiful and peaceful; I wish I could bottle this stuff! I’m still in Olympic National Park, but only until tomorrow morning. I’m heading to Seattle tomorrow where I will pick Kurt up at Sea-Tac airport. We are going to spend a couple of days together at Mt. Rainier National Park and then drive to Calgary. So, I get to stay in a hotel tomorrow night~ yeah! I even get to check in early and use the pool and workout room. I might even take two showers! Kurt won’t be in until 7:40. I’ve got other things to do in town, like pick up groceries and supplies and wash some clothes so it’ll be good to be in civilization for a day.

There are some really beautiful places in Olympic. Crescent Lake was one of my favorites. There’s an awesome lodge there where I did not stay. I acted like I was staying there though. I took my computer in to get on line and check email. That’s where I posted my last journal entries. It was a slooooow connection though and I couldn’t upload pictures. I also used the bathroom there to dress and brush my teeth. The lake is amazing; it’s the most incredible shade of blue and oh, so inviting! I didn’t get in though; it’s too cold. I did lie in the sun beside this creek earlier today and that was nice. The water though is icy.

This is a very diverse park. From the beaches, to the rain forests, to the lakes and the mountain views there is so much to see. I drove up to Hurricane Ridge yesterday. I believe it’s the highest place you can drive to in the park. The mountain views there are incredible. You have to look at the pictures! I guess I saw Mt. Olympus, but other tall mountains surround it so it’s hard to pick it out. I did a little hiking in that area. If you can call it hiking~ the trail is paved! It’s 1.6 miles to the top of a peak. The sign said it should take an hour and a half to reach to peak; it took me 28 minutes. I posted pictures of the 360-degree view from the top. I could actually see all the way to Vancouver Island.

I will probably be in Seattle when I get to post this. I’ll be basking in the comfort of a Double Tree Hotel : )

Continued Thursday morning~
I woke up at 6:15 and was ready to roll at 6:30, unfortunately my car was Not ready to roll and would not start. Bummer! My neighbor, who was also up was willing to give me a jump start, but neither one of us had jumper cables. Bummer! Soon enough another neighbor was up and shared his jumper cables so that neighbor number one could jump me. I had a nice visit with neighbor number one~ Jim while we were waiting for someone else to wake up. Everything happens for a reason; I love meeting new people! So, I got rolling and went to a Walmart an hour or so away and had my battery checked; it was fine. I bought some jumper cables anyway! Then I had a flat tire! I didn’t realize until I was away from the Walmart. Fortunately it was only half flat and I was able to drive to a tire place and have it plugged. Free of charge!! There are some great people out there!

I’m now at a laundry mat getting some clothes washed. Next I’m going to wash the car. Then I will check into the Double Tree and shower and relax!

No comments: