Monday July 14, 2008
I am in Calgary, Alberta at Kurt’s house. I’m going to live in a civilized fashion for a little while : ) He has work to do and I’m just going to hang around. On Thursday we are going to drive up the Icefields Parkway and camp somewhere for the night. Friday we’re driving to Edmonton. Kurt has a business dinner Friday night and I get to go along: good food, good wine, good conversation : ) Saturday we are going to a wedding in Edmonton; Our friends Vic and Tessa are getting married and there’s going to be dancing! Yeah!! I haven’t been dancing since Santa Fe and that feels like a loooong time ago! Sunday we drive back to Calgary and then on Monday we will fly to Alaska. I was going to cancel the Alaska portion of my trip because it adds so much more driving~ four full days one-way from Edmonton to Anchorage. But, Kurt has work to do there next week and was able to get me a first class ticket to fly there with him~ who could resist that? So, I will explore Alaska next week for a few days while he works. We’ll have a day and a half to explore together as well before flying back to Calgary on Saturday the 26th.
After all that I will start planning my return to Virginia. I still want to see Glacier National Park as well as Yellowstone and Tetons. I may explore a little more in Idaho too; I’ll have to see how much time I have left. I’m planning another visit in Denver the weekend of August 8th to spend a little more time with my aunts, Gerda and Kristina.
So, it’ll be a little while now before I have any more adventures to write about. Ciao~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi Mel...
Just saw that you'd like to head to Glacier Nat'l Park. My sister lives in Whitefish, right on the lake.... if you want a place to sleep for the night or a place to pitch a tent, be sure to let me know!
Angie
(the girl you met at the hostel in moab)
Hey Angie~
I would love to be able to hook up with your sister in Glacier! Did I give you my email? I just realized that you have a blog too. It's awesome! Great photos and great writing!!
Melanie~
Post a Comment