Monday, July 21, 2008

Alaska~

Alaska~

Well, I made it to Alaska via my first class ticket from Calgary. It’s raining here in Anchorage and it smells like fish, Yuk! So far, Alaska is not my favorite place. I was planning on renting a car and driving to Denali, but I don’t feel like making the long drive only to hike and camp in the rain. Apparently it rains here a lot. So, tomorrow I’m going to take the hotel shuttle downtown and explore, maybe rent a bicycle.

It’s been nice relaxing in Calgary too. I lay out in the sun Sunday afternoon and then Kurt and I had dinner at the home of some friends, Merik and Diana Sunday night. One of my favorite ways to spend time and two of my favorite people (ok, three counting Kurt!) Vic and Tessa’s wedding Saturday was awesome! The ceremony was short and sweet, the friends and family were friendly, welcoming, funny and very entertaining. And the dancing was fun, fun, fun!!

More about Alaska Later…..

No comments: