August 11, 2008
I am home : ) I arrived yesterday afternoon (Sunday).
Wednesday night I had dinner with my aunts, Gerda and Kristina in Denver along with a friend of theirs. The friend actually treated us all to dinner; thanks Perry! Later I got to meet Gerda’s boyfriend, Todd. We had a great time and I hated to say good-bye. Thursday morning I was up early and driving east. I made it to Kansas City by dinner time where I hooked up with my new friends, Keith and Sandee. I got to meet their three (mostly grown) children who were almost as cool as my kids ; ) Then we went out for dinner and Keith and Sandee treated me (thanks Keith and Sandee!); I’m beginning to feel really spoiled! After dinner Keith played his guitar and sang a bit, which reminded me of hanging out with my friends as a teenager. We had a great time; I feel like we’ve been friends forever!
Friday morning I was up early and went to a local gym for a workout, then headed to Columbia Missouri to stay with my friend Ken again. Ken had been in Europe most of the summer running yoga retreats and then vacationing in Greece. We both had lots of stories to share and things to catch up on. Ken was teaching a yoga class that afternoon at his yoga studio, Alley Cat Yoga; I went along to the class, which was a wonderful way to end the day. I fell asleep during the meditation time at the end; it’s kind of embarrassing to snore in a room full of yoga students! Ken fixed me a beautiful chicken and salad dinner that evening (thanks Ken!). I really am spoiled!
Saturday morning I headed east again and spent the night at my sister’s house in Kentucky. Here I acquired a cat named Philip. Gillian needed to find him a home because she and her family are moving to Georgia. When I got home I acquired another cat (Gillian had brought him to Virginia; his name is Flop. Flop and Philip are good buddies and it was sad to separate them. It’s nice to have cats again : )
So, I am home and settled in. It’s good to be home. Now I have to find a job…..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi - what a great journey you describe! I'll read more later to see how it all began. I did the hand-clapping, "hey bear, hey bear" thing in Glacier NP a few years ago.
anyhow, it sounds like you had a wonderful adventure and I will look forward to reading more later.
Hey There,
I'm afraid I've been neglecting my blog since I finished my journey! Thanks for posting. It was a truly awesome journey; I'd do it all again in a heartbeat! Good luck with your running...
Ciao~
Post a Comment