Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Adventure

The Adventure

This world is wide and wonderful; I’m going to explore.
The beautiful land I live in is knocking at my door.

I’m heading out a year from now; on the road shall I live.
Hike and see and visit, of my spirit will I give.

Many folks along the way I’ll stop and visit with.
We'll share our thoughts and our dreams, a friendship we will knit.

I am a free spirit again; ready my wings to soar,
Locked away for a time, and now there’s time for more.

So full of life, that’s what I feel. I’m bursting at the seams.
Heading out to see the world, I’m off to follow my dreams.

The dream creates the dreamer; we all have them you see.
Few of all do follow though; they say it’s brave of me.

Brave you say? That’s not what I feel; it’s just my zest for life.
A sense of great adventure now, no longer living in strife.

Oh to rid the ties that bind us, to move forward with a plan.
Going now somewhere new, just because I can.

So much of me is open wide, my spirit so alive.
Every day a new experience, adventures far and wide.

So look out world, ‘cause here I come, ready to take you on.
Open up those doors of yours, the journey has begun!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mel,

I am excited for you to begin your trip. Although I am one of those "youngish" people...I'm sure looking to live vicariously through you. I have a feeling your trip will be all success and very little trouble. Good luck. As the time draws near, I will post you information about my location in Yosemite. I sure am hoping for a visit...

Peace
Nathan

Unknown said...

Good Luck Melanie! I've got your site bookmarked and will look often for updates.

Take care.
-Dan